Pay Your Rent Online
It’s easy! Just let us know you want to pay your rent online and we’ll email you an account activation link.
Already have an account?
Click here to be taken to the Tenant Portal login page
FROM THE MOBILE APP!
Online Portal by AppFolio
+ Pay your rent instantly
+ Set up auto-payments
+ Submit maintenance requests
(+ photos) easily
+ Monitor the status of your requests
+ View or download your lease
+ Access important documents
+ Stay logged in for instant access
- We will not review incomplete applications.
- All pets/animals will be screened by a third party pet/animal screening tool provided within the application. An increased security deposit of $500/per pet will apply, although actual deposits may vary by property.
- Applicants must show 2 pieces of identification; one being a copy of a valid, government-issued, photo ID for each applicant (i.e. passport, military ID, state driver’s license)
Prior Rental History
- Rental history of 2 years must be verifiable from unbiased/unrelated sources. A co-signer and additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent may be required if you do not have adequate rental history. Applicants must provide us with the information necessary to contact past landlords including working phone numbers. We reserve the right to deny an application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify prior rental history.
- Net household income shall be at least 2.5 times the rent. Income/resources must be verifiable through 2 month’s pay stubs, current tax records and/or bank statements.
- Co-signers: In order to qualify as a co-signer, you must have verifiable income of at least 4 times the monthly rent and have an excellent credit rating.
- Co-signers will not be accepted from Washington State, Arkansas, Connecticut, Maine, or Virginia.
Credit/Criminal/Public Records Check
- Negative reports may result in denial of application or an increased security deposit. Any individual who is a current illegal substance abuser or has been convicted of the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance or any other violent felony may be denied tenancy.
- Bankruptcies must be at least two years old and applicants must show established credit in good standing post-bankruptcy discharge.
You may be denied rental if:
- We reserve the right to deny an application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify information on the application including, but not limited to: rental history, employment, income, etc.
- If you, your roommate(s) or family member are overly aggressive, forceful, rude, confrontational, unprofessional, or otherwise suggestive of a person(s) who will not get along with PLUS Property Management staff or neighbors, we may reject your application.
- Any individual who is a current illegal substance abuser or has been convicted of the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance, sex offender, or any other felony may not be considered.
- Applications with a prior eviction or judgment less than 5 years old may be denied.
- Insufficient rental history, income, or employment
- Inaccurate or false information on the application
- Negative or insufficient reports from references or other sources
- If you leave owing a former landlord money after you move out
- If you animal fails to pass screening requirement
- Must be paid in full within 24 hours of an application’s approval.
- Deposits will ONLY be accepted in the form of a cashier’s check or money order. We cannot accept cash or credit cards for deposit.
- There may be an increase to the security deposit amount if the applicants have pets, insufficient credit, poor credit, requiring a co-signer or any other deficit found on the application. Increased deposit amounts are subject to the owner’s discretion.
All tenants of PLUS Property Management are required to provide proof of Renter’s Insurance at the lease/rental agreement signing.
Tenants are required to connect all utilities into their name unless otherwise specified and provide accounts numbers at the lease/rental signing.
- PLUS Property Management is not responsible for providing mail keys to any of our properties. Tenant acknowledges and is aware that PLUS Property Management does not reimburse for the cost of collecting a mail key from the USPS (United States Postal Service). It is tenant responsibility to take a copy of the signed lease agreement to a local USPS to secure a mail key for the property they are renting. Upon vacating the property, it is tenant responsibility to return the mail key to the USPS.
- PLUS will furnish keys and/or access devices only after: (1) all parties have signed the lease contract and other rental documents referred to in the Lease contract; and (2) all applicable rents and security deposits have been paid in full.
Withdrawing your application
- If you withdraw your application prior to being approved, the application fee is non-refundable, and we will consider your application “backed-out” and will begin processing the next application in line.
- If you withdraw your application after being approved and paying the security deposit the Owner/Agent may retain the deposit. However, if the rental agreement is not executed due to a failure by the owner/agent to comply with this agreement within four days the Owner/Agent shall return the deposit to the applicant either at the place of business or mailing the deposit by first class mail to the applicant. Proof of timely compliance with this requirement shall include a postmark.
Potential Additional Fees
- Late rent fee – $100
- Smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm tampering fee – $250
- Dishonored check fee – $35
- Late payment of utility fee, per occurrence/non-connect fee – $50
- Failure to clean up pet waste, garbage, or other waste fee, per occurrence – $50
- Parking violation or other improper use of vehicle fee, per occurrence – $50
- Smoking/vaping in a clearly designated non-smoking/vaping unit or area – $50
- Unauthorized pet capable of causing damage – $250
- Early termination of a lease fee – 1.5 x contractual rent
Application Fee Agreement and Guidelines
Please complete the entire online application and our office will contact you to collect the $40.00 application fee (cash, check, cashiers, check or money order preferred) for each adult applicant. Once an application is reviewed and approved, we require the immediate payment of the deposit to guarantee and hold the unit. If Payment is not received within 24 hours, we will continue to market the home for rent. Application fees are non-refundable.
We process applications on a first come, first serve basis. We process each application as rapidly as possible which generally takes 3-5 business days. The application packet (both paper and electronic) needs to be filled out completely, legibly and with all signature lines signed. If we are unable to verify information on an application, the application will be denied. Items that may delay the process are:
- Inability to contact previous landlords or slow response from prior landlords
- Incomplete application packet
Once an application has been reviewed and processed, applicants will be notified by phone if the application has been approved or denied. The security deposit must be paid, in full, in the form of a cashier’s check or money order within 24 hours of an application’s approval.
In a world where online financial predators seem more and more common, we understand if you have reservations about entering your bank account information online. But fear not! Your information is password protected and all transactions are both encrypted and securely transmitted.
Online Payment Benefits
Once you’ve signed up, you can:
- View and pay your bills anytime (24/7)
- View and pay your bills from anywhere (any computer with an internet connection)
- Set up an automatic payment
- Sign up for automatic reminder emails
- Review your payment history
- Convenient record keeping all in one location
Have you ever looked at a calendar and suddenly realized that your rent was due that day? Or worse yet, it was due a few days ago and that it is now late? With online rent payments, these concerns are a thing of the past. Simply hop on your computer and in just a few minutes, your rent is paid! Or remove all doubt and schedule a payment in advance so your rent is paid automatically. PLUS, you get the added benefit of not having to write checks, address envelopes, or buy stamps.
Maintenance & Emergencies
- Please log into your Tenant Portal to report a maintenance issue. Once logged in, you can submit a new maintenance request and view the status of any previous requests. Requests are reviewed Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
- If you have an emergency, please call your local management office and follow the recorded instructions.
What is an Emergency and what is not?
- A fire is an emergency. Please call 911 first, and then notify your local PLUS office as well.
- Water leaking is an emergency. if it is causing damage to the structure, such as wetness in the carpet, walls, etc. Please contact your local PLUS office immediately, and follow the instructions for emergency contact if you are calling after hours.
- If you can contain the water, for example, by putting a bucket under a dripping sink pipe; that is not an emergency and a call to PLUS during normal business hours would be preferred, or a voice message or email anytime.
- If you suspect a gas leak, call your local fire department to check it out. Then report the results to your local management office. You can also call the gas company, but sometimes the fire department is quicker.
- Problems with gas appliances: The gas company should investigate problems with gas appliances first. They will perform this service free of charge. If they determine that the problem is with the appliance, rather than the gas service, they will tag the appliance and describe the repair needed. Please contact your local PLUS office once you have the report from the gas company.
- Routine maintenance is not an emergency, but should still be reported to your local PLUS office as soon as possible. For example torn screens, slow running drains, etc.
When you leave a message, please include:
- Your name
- Your property address, including unit number if applicable
- A description of the problem
- The best number to reach you for follow up
Thank you for helping us to help you!